Welcome to the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists, Karnataka State Chapter!
The Official Page of The Anaesthesiologists of Karnataka
Dear esteemed member of ISA Karnataka! Greetings on the occasion of Dasara! May Almighty bless you on both personal and professional fronts! On behalf of the President and the EC of ISA Karnataka, we share with you the following important information:
1. World Anaesthesia Day, 16th October, is fast approaching. Participate actively in celebrating this day at your workplace through public awareness activities such as Compression Only Life Support training, promotional and educational activities regarding anaesthesia, pain and critical care management, walkathon, posters/talks/skits at your hospitals, felicitation program for achievers and seniors who made contributions to our specialty, Radio / TV talks and newspaper writeups on public awareness etc. The same activities can be communicated to ISA City / State / National bodies. There are various awards such as Best Ether day activities, public awareness awards, COLS activity awards to be won as well. Please visit www.isaweb.in for more details
2. The National conference ISACON 2019 is being held at Namma Bengaluru from 25th - 29th November 2019. Several new sessions and awards are initiated for the first time this year. Abstract submission last date is extended to 15th October 2019. Kindly register, participate actively both in organisational and academic activities and encourage your colleagues to also participate as Karnataka is hosting this conference after a long time. Visit www.isacon2019bengaluru.com for more details. The annual state conference of ISA Karnataka is merged with this national conference this year. This is a great opportunity for all Karnataka members who could not attend conferences outside Karnataka earlier. It will provide opportunity to network with your old friends, make new friends, unlearn few things, learn new things, have fun and display warmth and hospitality of our state. The annual KLE Oration of ISA Karnataka will also be held during this conference.
3. The online ISA national elections will be held from 1st - 5th November 2019. This is a great opportunity to increase representation from Karnataka at the national level as Dr Ravi R, President, ISA Karnataka and Dr Madhusudan Upadya, Past President, ISA Karnataka are contesting for the posts of GC member and Editor - in - Chief, respectively from our state, which has 2nd highest number of voters in India. Hence, kindly exercise your voting right and participate in the democratic process. The election notification will be sent to registered email/mobile number of only active life members. Kindly visit www.isaweb.in to check your status and contact National Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org for any clarifications.
4. The ISA Karnataka Annual General Body meeting will be held during the conference. The details regarding date, time, venue and agenda will be informed closer to the conference. Send your suggestions / agenda before 15th of November 2019 for inclusion to email@example.com.
The tentative agenda is as follows :
> President's opening remarks
> Secretary's report
> Treasurer's Report
> Editor's report
> Presentation & approval of audited reports of ISACON Karnataka 2018 & PGEXCEL 2019
> Presentation about PGEXCEL 2020 preparation
> Presentation of ISACON Karnataka 2020 preparation
> Bidding for ISACON Karnataka 2021 and PGEXCEL 2021
> Matters submitted by members to the secretariat
> Any other matter with the permission of the chair
> Bidding farewell to outgoing office bearers
> Elections and installation of incoming office bearers
5. The elections to the various offices of ISA Karnataka will be held during the AGBM of ISA Karnataka during ISACON 2019 at Bengaluru. The last date for submitting nomination is 10th November 2019 and last date for withdrawal of nomination is 15th November 2019.
The posts for which nominations are called are as follows :
President : 1 post (ONE YEAR TENURE)
Vice President : 1 post (ONE YEAR TENURE)
Executive Committee Members : 3 posts (THREE YEAR TENURE)
The nomination form is available here http://isakarnataka.in/Rules/Election%20Nomination%20Form.pdf
6. ISA Karnataka has instituted following awards - Lifetime achievement award, Eminent Anaesthesia Teacher Award, Freelance Anaesthesiologist of the year Award, and Best City Branch Award. Other ISA Karnataka initiatives for state conference such as Private Practitioner Session, Trainee Talent Session, Young Speaker Session have been merged with National conference this year. The details are available here http://isakarnataka.in/rules.html. Kindly send nominations latest by 5th November 2019.
7. ISA, Karnataka will be bringing out a Newsletter / Annual Report during the conference. Send your achievements, awards, important activities related to Anesthesia / ISA, public awareness writeups, etc for compilation and sharing with other members latest by 5th November 2019.
8. The IJA Hard / Soft copy subscription request is now extended to 15th October 2019. Login at www.isaweb.in and select your choice.
9. ISA Professional Indemnity scheme and ISA Legal cell benefits are available for all ISA members. Similarly, ISA Family Benevolent Scheme is an opportunity to help your colleague's family financially in their time of crisis. ISA Private Practitioners Forum under the aegis of ISA National has prepared guidelines for practitioners. Visit www.isaweb.in for all these details.
10. PGEXCEL2020, the annual postgraduate program of ISA Karnataka is scheduled on 8th and 9th February 2020 at KIMS Hubbali. Kindly contact organisers at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pgexcel2020.in for more details.
11. Read and submit articles for Karnataka Anaesthesia Journal at http://www.karnatakaanesthesiajournal.in
KINDLY GIVE FEEDBACK/SUGGESTIONS at email@example.com .
Warm greetings to all the members of ISA, Karnataka State Chapter
The new set of office bearers of ISA Karnataka under my Presidentship took charge after the AGBM at ISACON Karnataka 2018 held at Davanagere, where we had wonderful conference with good scientific session, feast and hospitality. I hope you all enjoyed the same. I, Dr Ravi R sincerely thank all the members for electing me as the president and showing faith and trust on me.
It is my pleasure to share that Karnataka bagged 11 prizes at the ISA National level including Best city branches for Hubli-Dharwad and Mangalore city branches and Best Metro branch to Bangalore. My hearty congratulations to all those who worked hard for this achievement.
I am happy to inform that ISA National Conference in 2019 will be hosted by ISA Karnataka state and organized by ISA Bangalore Metro branch. We thank all the Governing Council members of ISA National and all members of ISA from Karnataka and outside Karnataka for their support. We request all the members to actively participate in the preparation for the ISACON 2019 and make it a grand success.
The annual postgraduate event of ISA Karnataka, PG EXCEL 2019 will be conducted by Raja Rajeshwari Medical College, Bangalore and hosted by the Department of Anaesthesiology, Raja Rajeshwari Medical College on 9th and 10th of February 2019. I request members especially the postgraduate students to participate in good numbers and enjoy the academics and hospitality from the organizers.
I welcome suggestions for further improvement
Thank you, Long live ISA
Dr. Ravi R
President, ISA Karnataka 2018 - 2019